Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    I just installed it from System -> Synaptic Package Manager
    search for libstdc++5
    Thanks, that did it. My X1110 is working again.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by markcgriffiths View Post
    Thanks, that did it. My X1110 is working again.

NICE! that did it for me to, my little z515 is humming again. Muchas Gracias.
    (OH, i'm not running a fresh install, upgraded from 7.10, but it was still S19cupsys, not 20... odd?)

thanks to everyone on this thread!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

This tutorial has helped me in the past, but after reinstalling 7.10 (I was giving 8.04 a try but decided to go back) it no longer works. I am able to complete every command successfully except ./z600. Here is what I'm getting in the terminal:

Code:
    ./z600: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I'm able to set "Lexmark Z600 v1.0-1" as the printer driver, but I can't print a test page. Nothing happens when I try to print. Like I said, I got it to work before, so I'm not sure why it's giving me trouble this time around. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed my own problem by installing libstdc++5 in Synaptic Package Manager. Prints like a dream now!
    Last edited by the_Ben; May 1st, 2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Solved problem

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by the_Ben View Post
    This tutorial has helped me in the past, but after reinstalling 7.10 (I was giving 8.04 a try but decided to go back) it no longer works. I am able to complete every command successfully except ./z600. Here is what I'm getting in the terminal:

Code:
    ./z600: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I'm able to set "Lexmark Z600 v1.0-1" as the printer driver, but I can't print a test page. Nothing happens when I try to print. Like I said, I got it to work before, so I'm not sure why it's giving me trouble this time around. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed my own problem by installing libstdc++5 in Synaptic Package Manager. Prints like a dream now!
    same thing happened to me just now when I upgraded to 8.04 and installing libstdc++5 worked for me also, glad I found this thread again

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by se7ensamurai View Post
    NICE! that did it for me to, my little z515 is humming again.
    Same for me. My Z515 works.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers Z645 and most Z600 series printers.

There are many directions for setting up this printer. I am taking part of a direction from another forum and adding some information of my own to make this a simple install.

1. Install two items: (1) The linux library file libstdc++5. (2) File titled "alien." Ubuntu users will find this in the Synaptic Package Manager. Click System>Administration>Synaptic Package manager.

2. Download the driver at

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...e=&fileID=1151

3. Create a folder titled lexmark on the Desktop.

4. Move the download from above to this folder.

5. Follow these following steps. Cut and paste each command (line) in a terminal window. Make sure in terminal you are changed to look at files on the Desktop. Use "cd \Desktop"

Code:

mkdir lexmark
    mv CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz lexmark
    tar -xvzf CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz
    tail -n +143 z600cups-1.0-1.gz.sh > install.tar.gz
    tar -xvzf install.tar.gz
    alien -t z600cups-1.0-1.i386.rpm
    alien -t z600llpddk-2.0-1.i386.rpm
    sudo tar xvzf z600llpddk-2.0.tgz -C /
    sudo tar xvzf z600cups-1.0.tgz -C /
    sudo ldconfig
    cd /usr/share/cups/model
    sudo gunzip Lexmark-Z600-lxz600cj-cups.ppd.gz

6. The printer driver is now installed.

7. Restart your computer.

8. Go to System>Administration>Printing.

9. Select "add new printer".

10. The driver for Z600 should now be in the selection.

11. Select the Z600 driver.

12. The printer should now be installed.

13. Change ink set to CMYK if it is not already done.

14. Ink quality "better should be selected.

15. Enjoy your working printer.

Beans

this helped alot, thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Hi
    I followed your description in details. Unfortunatelay I could not get my new printer to work with Ubuntu Hardy Eron 8.0.4.
    It is a Lexmark X9575 (all-in-one, but I only want to print) and it is not directly attached to the PC but attached to a LAN.
    The CUPS server shows the job as printing, but no print out is done.
    The apparmor configuration looks good to me (I read another thread about a bug with cups and apparmor). Is there any additional hint or, better solution I could go for?
    Thanks

Beans

I have an X1185, on Hardy. I had to install alien and libstdc++5. Works great Thank You

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Hello guys

This is first post in UbuntuForums. Actually I registered to be able to post in this thread.
    I been using Linux since the year began and have learned a lot but definitely not enough. I don't use Ubuntu, I actually use Debian with KDE but as Ubuntu is based on Debian I thought these instructions could work and, indeed, I got the Lexmark X1250 we have at work working (with Lexmark's Z605 driver; couldn't download Z600 from Lexmark's website, only Z60x so I choose the one which seemed the latest). EDIT: Black Hole Sun, you're the man! Thanks!
    My question is: ¿Has been anyone able to get scanners working? I read every and each post on the 38 pages this thread has and just one guy got his X1150 scanner working. I know the X1250 isn't in the supported devices list published in the OP but if he could I'd like to be able to and I still can't get my X1250 to scan (Xine says there are not scanning devices connected). May be it's because the Z600 is only a printer, not an all-in-one so the scanner support wouldn't be included?.
    Any help/ideas are really appreciated.

@ H.E. Pennypacker:
    You asked black hole sun to remove some instructions and tell the other members to use the GUI because using the console made people less human like.
    It's a lot easier for newbies to understand English than messing around with all sorts of commands for the Terminal. That's why I always recommend people using the GUI as much as possible, and it also makes us Linux users more human like (the more we rely on GUI, the more human like we are).
    I really do no think relying on the GUI makes you more human like (or that using the console makes you less human like). It's always good to know a little bit of everything (and that doesn't makes you a know-it-all). I'm not saying that using GUI is bad, but using the console isn't bad either. And, if you ever, for whatever reason you could imagine, get to be in front of a server (with no display manager) or need to access remotely using SSH you'll need to know enough console commands to -at least- have some of the work done (if it REALLY needs a GUI, but, as far as I know, everything can be done via console in Linux).
    People: Something is hard/difficult to get/do only if you think it is.

Sorry, everybody else, for not writing exclusively about the forum's main topic.
    Last edited by Lenhix; May 16th, 2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Fogot to thank Black Hole Sun

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast