Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Talking Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

I have a Lexmark Z65n printer. I have followed the steps listed at the beginning of this thread and installed the drivers for the printer. Is it possible to "tweek" the driver so that I can use the ethernet connection on the printer instead of USB? My Ubuntu box is connected to an existing LAN through a router. Two wireless laptops use the WLAN to print to the Z65n. I would like to print from the Ubuntu box as well.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Hi!I bought this wonder machine called Lexmark x4580 and its part of their 3500-4500 series. The problem is, that I couldn't find suitable drivers for this piece of scanning-, copying- and printing machine. If anyone knows how to get this machine working I would appreciate! Thanks already for your efforts.. btw. I'm using Feisty 7.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Okay, here's my problem.
    I used this howto on Ubuntu Feisty for my Lexmark Z517 and it worked a treat.
    But, I am now trying to use it to get my printer working with Debian Etch and I am stuck.
    You might be wondering what someone using Debian is doing in this Forum. Wel the reason is that Iguessed both are based on Debian so if the howto works on Ubuntu then why not on Debian. I have searched the Debian forum but there isn't much ragarding Lexmark printers.

I followed the instructions to the letter,I believe.
    Everything went ok: installed the drivers etc and the result of /usr/lib/cups/backend/z600 returned the correct printer.

Here's the result of /var/log/cups
    E [22/Sep/2007:12:44:18 +0100] cupsdAuthorize: Local authentication certificate not found!
    E [22/Sep/2007:15:42:08 +0100] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized
    E [22/Sep/2007:15:43:34 +0100] PID 4601 (/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip) stopped with status 1!
    E [22/Sep/2007:15:44:08 +0100] PID 4658 (/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip) stopped with status 1!
    E [22/Sep/2007:15:44:24 +0100] CUPS-Delete-Printer: Unauthorized

Time after time I used the printer manager but, the Z600 would not show up in the Lexmark list.

Am I totally barking up the wrong tree using this method with Debian
    or did I miss something
    Time after time I used the printer manager but, the Z600 would not show up in the Lexmark list.

Am I totally barking up the wrong tree using this method with Debian
    or did I miss something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Thank you very much for this great and precise manual!

I have Lexmark X5150 all in one. Have tried to get life into it for more than a year. Have heared, that z55 drivers are good for it, but never had a luck of getting it to work. Now I got them from Lexmark page and did exactly the steps described here. And it works! Driver names were CJLZ55LE.tar.gz and CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ. Inside are same type sh scripts as described here.

Thank you!

PS Yes, I use Debian Etch and was tempted to do that alien thing to .deb, but had to return to .gz conversion, hehe

Beans

Red face Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

MUST INSTALL BOTH OF THESE

Lexmark Z600 in .deb no need for tar or rpm

http://leighm.dgtlmoon.com/misc/bina...1.0-2_i386.deb

http://leighm.dgtlmoon.com/misc/bina...2.0-2_i386.deb

USE THE GDEBIAN PACKAGE INSTALLER

GO TO PRINTERS AND U SHOULD FIND THE Z600 UNDER DRIVERS USE THIS FOR THE X1270

FOR MORE HELP GO HERE http://dgtlmoon.com/dell_720_printer...n_debian_sarge

hope this helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

i tried doing this on my emac but i get this error right away
    Code:
    mkdir: cannot create directory `lexmark': File exists
    i have a Lexmark X1185

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hi

When you write :

$ sudo tar xvzf z600llpddk-2.0.tgz -C / # extract the tgz's to / putting the files in their right place
    $ sudo tar xvzf z600cups-1.0.tgz -C / # extract the tgz's to / putting the files in their right place

what's your "right place" ?

Thanks

Stochastics

Beans

Okay, so there seems to be some people that have amd64 systems and can't get the driver to work. I know, because I'm one of them so, here's a little outline on how to I did the chroot. There's already a bunch of guides everywhere on how to make chroots, so just follow one of them. If you need one, try this:

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/vie....html#id292281

part way down the page, it has instructions on how to do a 32 bit chroot. there's also more links from previous posts.

disclaimer: I'm actually on debian lenny, but really, ubuntu's based off debian, so it shouldn't matter that much. Also, my printer is one of those terrible dell 720 rebranded lexmark 615 or whatever, so I don't know how it works for anything else.

Okay, so get your chroot. and follow the driver install instructions for the chroot. Then, make sure you have cups in the chroot, and libstdc++5. I don't think ./z600 works, so don't mind about that. If it does, and the printer prints, great. Anyways...

Now, stop cups in the host system, and start cups in 32-bit mode. You can add your printer by going through the web interface of cups (I'm not sure if you can use regular gui tools to configure cups at this point) at http://localhost:631 and installing the ppd there. Now, print a test page, and it should work. If it doesn't, then you have issues. But seriously, I don't know what's up. The only other pieces of advice I have to offer are:

make sure your chroot 32bit has /chroot/lib/modules mounted from /lib/modules. My cups or something didn't work until I did that.

When you're printing from something, like openoffice, and it just spits out blank sheets instead of beautifully formatted stuff, you should play around with the printer settings. Set the postscript level to an actual number, set it to color or grayscale.

Okay, so that's my advice. I still haven't figured out how to do it automatically at boot time, but that's just a matter of scripting.

Peace

Beans

oh, and btw,

@Stochastics
    the right place is in the right system directories. Unless you had to do a chroot like me, then do it to the root directory, and you'll be fine = P

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers - Lexmark 75

Has anyone had any luck with the Lexmark X75 yet?

I followed these instructions: http://users.netwit.net.au/~pursang/lex.html

and changed the .rpm files to .deb using alien. When I try to print, the printer responds, the paper moves a bit, but I get a blinking status light. That's all.

Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast